Analysis and Tests - Andaltec
Andaltec es un centro tecnológico especializado en sistemas de iluminación para automoción, plásticos en contacto con alimentos, prototipado y materiales.
plastic, lighting, automotive, car, packaging, food, test, migration, enac, prototype, engineering, headlamp, projector, rear, lamp, material, polymer, painting, coating, 3d, printing, simulation, optic, robot, training, cad, project, technological centre, innovation, martos, andalusia, r d, led
Andaltec counts with one of the best labs in Southern Europe, designed to excel in the following areas:
- Physical-chemical characterisation of materials
- Food contact materials (global and specific migration tests)
- Accelerated ageing
- Biodegradability and compostability
- Metrology and reverse engineering
PHYSICAL-CHEMICAL CHARACTERISATION OF MATERIALS
- Traction properties: Young’s modulus, enlargement, resistance…
- Flexion properties; resistance, maximum deflection…
- Compression properties
- Impact resistance (Charpy impact test, drop dart impact…)
- Shore hardness
Physical-chemical, thermal and optical properties
- Fluidity index
- Vicat softening point
- Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT)
Identification of materials and other components
- Identification of polymers, charges and additives (FTIR, UV-vis, DSC, chromatography)
- Ash content
- Charge determination
- Black carbon determination
- Number and layer thickness in multilayer films (Optical microscopy)
FOOD CONTACT MATERIALS
- Global migration testing in aqueous, fatty and substitute simulants on plastic food contact materials. Our labs have earned the ENAC certification, in conformity with the UNE-EM ISO/IEC 17025 standard, enabling us for migration testing on food contact plastic materials UNE-EN 1186.
- Specific migration testing (under normalisation or tuning method).
- Food safety testing for other materials: Non-plastic polymeric materials, recycled plastics, ceramic materials and active smart materials.
- Barrier properties: Oxygen and water vapour permeability.
- Packaging validation.
- Analysis of a product’s life cycle: Microbiological analysis, determination of properties such as oxidation, weight loss, dehydration, firmness, pH levels…
BIODEGRADABILITY AND COMPOSTABILITY
Andaltec can offer their Biodegradability and Compostability labs for testing in compliance with the European standard EN 13432: “requirements for packaging recoverable through composting and biodegradation. Testing programme and evaluation criteria for packaging final acceptance”.
- Biodegrability in compliance with standard ISO 14855-1 (determination of the final aerobic biodegradability of plastic materials under controlled composting conditions. Method for analysis of carbon dioxide evolution).
- Disintegrability under ISO 16929; 2002 (E) standard. Determination of the disintegration degree of plastic materials under controlled composting conditions, defined in pilot-scale testing.
- Compost quality. Modified OECD 208 test. Determination of heavy metal levels and lack of negative effects on the compost quality. Plant growth testing.
- 3-D measurement of parts, tooling and calibers of maximum size (1200x3000x1000mm) and 2,250 kilograms.
- 3-D measurement on CAD and 2-D measurement by means of profile projector.
- Regular control of production and product tolerance.
- 3-D scanning, digitalisation and dimensional control.
- Reverse engineering with high resolution 3-D scanning technology.
Vision fields from 30mm to 1,500 mm.
Resolution: 0.0014 mm (small parts) / 0.0053 (large parts).
- Salt fog chamber: Analysis of effects derived from exposure to humid heat, water spraying and salt fog.
- Solar box: Artificial ageing, exposure to artificial radiation.
- Climatic chamber: Combined cycles of temperature and humidity.
- Supply sources.