Materials Development - Andaltec
Andaltec es un centro tecnológico especializado en sistemas de iluminación para automoción, plásticos en contacto con alimentos, prototipado y materiales.
plastic, lighting, automotive, car, packaging, food, test, migration, enac, prototype, engineering, headlamp, projector, rear, lamp, material, polymer, painting, coating, 3d, printing, simulation, optic, robot, training, cad, project, technological centre, innovation, martos, andalusia, r d, led
In Andaltec, we can help your company to develop “tailor-made” materials with advanced properties, designed to meet all your needs: high added-value technical plastics, conductive materials, nanocomposites, biomaterials…
Moreover, we characterise and analyse the physical-chemical properties of conventional, advanced and recycled plastic materials, using different equipment and techniques.
Andaltec can be an essential part in the execution of comprehensive R&D projects in the following areas:
- Development of new advanced plastic materials with high added-value functional properties using lab-scale and pilot-scale testing. Electrical conductive materials, thermal conductors, antioxidant or luminescent materials…
- Development of “tailor-made” polymeric materials, thanks to research on new formulations resulting in products with well-defined technical properties.
- Development of new sustainable plastic composites through additives with vegetable fibers, mineral charges or waste from other industries.
- Development of new nanocomposites employing carbonaceous nanomaterials such as graphene, carbon nanotubes, GNPs or fullerenes. We can also produce metallic particles and nanoclays, aimed at improving the features of conventional or recycled plastics, as well as bioplastics.
- Replacement of products manufactured in metal, ceramic or glass with plastic materials in order to improve their recyclability and reduce costs.
- Valorisation of plastic waste. We find new industrial uses for thermoplastic, elastomer and thermostable waste. Optimisation of recycling processes.
- Studies on product sustainability and recyclability.
- Feasibility study on bioplastics production for companies producing raw materials from subproducts or waste generated during the production process.
- Development of encapsulation processes of active compounds to be employed in food packaging, self-healing materials…
- Determination of the biodegradability and compostability degree of a material or final product in compliance with standard UNE-EN 13432.
- Development of varnish and paint with advanced functions, suitable for several sectors such as food packaging, automotive, lighting…
- Characterisation and analysis of physical-chemical and mechanical properties of conventional, advanced and recycled plastic materials, using different equipment and techniques.